Citation-Financial has had a Twitter account for a while, but never really saw engagement or growth. In the past three months, I have managed to triple their Twitter followers and double their engagement on Twitter alone.
The keys I use:
- Crowdfire: A free app that manages Twitter and allows you to see what people you follow and those who don’t. It also uses a script that searches other users that use the same keyword as the user. It also suggests some posts to use to get more engagement on each tweet. This is a MUST for social media marketers, but also a great tool if you just want to use it personally to grow your own Twitter. (Pssst. They have Instagram features too–and they just came out with Facebook, Pinterest, and links to your sites too!)
- Tweetdeck: A free app that is the saving grace of social media marketers everywhere. It allows you to switch between twitter accounts, schedule posts at a time you want, and respond to tweets you are mentioned in. It looks chaotic, but it’s perfect for automating your social media.
- Buffer: A Chrome extension that lets you queue up different links and tweets, and sending them at the “best time” or a time you schedule on your own. What I like about Buffer above the others, is that you can “re-buffer” items without having to write the entire tweet or pull an image again.
Other ways I am helping Citation-Financial:
- Search Engine Optimization: I am putting keywords into all the images on their website and in the files.
- Email Campaigns: Each month, I send out a newsletter to their list of subscribers featuring a new plan.